CONSULTANCY ON SIMPLIFIED APPROACHES FOR TREATMENT OF CHILD
WASTING FOR DRC NUTRITION CLUSTER.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2023, at 23:59 EST
The Global Nutrition Cluster Technical Alliance (GNC) Technical Alliance or Alliance) is an initiative for the mutual benefit of the nutrition community, and affected populations, to
improve the quality of nutrition in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery. The GNC Technical Alliance Partners are made up of the GNC partners and other individuals,
organizations, initiatives, and academia at global, regional, and national levels that hold nutrition technical expertise across the humanitarian and development spheres.
The Alliance’s Technical Support Team (TST) provides on-demand technical support for nutrition in emergencies both remotely and in-country.
The DRC Nutrition Cluster have requested the support of the TST to provide home based, remote support to strengthen the capacity of the cluster and its partners on simplified
approaches for nutrition treatment of child wasting in democratic republic of Congo (DRC).
The main objective of this role is to provide support to the DRC nutrition cluster, the DRC CMAM TWG and implementing partners to strengthen capacity and generate learning on
simplified approaches in the DRC context.
The Advisor will play a mentor type role, supporting the Nutrition Cluster and the CMAM TWG to deliver and lead on this work.
A detailed ToR (Terms of Reference) is under development. It will likely include the following activities:
- Update the existing DRC SA training package (2020) for the current context.
- Support with the delivery of the updated training package to new implementing partners, in collaboration with the DRC nutrition
cluster & ProNaNut
- Organise a mini workshop for implementing partners to exchange on operational experiences and possibilities for scale-up
- Facilitate a discussion on how future implementation of SA in DRC can generate data and document experiences to inform global evidence base
- Document the experiences and information from the training and workshop to help inform the process of updating the national DRC CMAM guidelines in the latter stages of 2023
TBC but likely around 3 weeks with some work in-country. Looking to start ASAP (February 2023).
- Master’s degree in Economic, Social Science, Nutrition, Public Health, or related field.
- At least 8 years work experience nutrition and public health in emergencies.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and leading simplified approaches to CMAM
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, including conducting learning needs assessment, capacity assessment and capacity building strategies.
- Experience in the development of innovative training tools.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating knowledge exchange workshops.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to humanitarian principles.
- Strong skills in coordination and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders, including nutrition clusters, partners, and the Ministry of Health.
- Highly developed writing skills – both at a programmatic level (assessment reports, proposals) and a policy level (policy papers, guidance notes).
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) at a level appropriate for high- level external representation presentations).
- Flexibility in ways of working
- Ability to analyze diverse information and develop recommendations for an appropriate response to emergencies
- Ability to work in English to a high standard
- Working knowledge of French or Lingala
- Experience in CMAM and simplified approaches
- Experience in DRC or region
- Ability to work in French
- Daily rate
The consultant will work both home-based and in country and might be required to apply flexible working hours.
The consultant will be supervised by both the TST Coordination Unit (based at AAH Canada) and the in-country requester (DRC Nutrition Cluster).
Fixed term deliverable-based contract.
Applications are open to individuals, teams of people or organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
PROPOSALS RESPONDING TO THIS RFQ/RFP SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Updated CV.
- Cover letter.
- Experience in conducting similar work.
- Three references for which you have conducted similar work.
- Detailed rates per service. Please provide your quotations in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- The AAH Good Business Regulations Form duly signed
Please note: Consultants of the GNC Technical Alliance Consultant Roster can simply share their interest, an up-to-date CV and daily rate, and will be prioritized for this work.
To apply for the roster, please visit: https://ta.nutritioncluster.net/node/33
Submit the proposal before SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2023, at 23:59 EST to: email@example.com
Please highlight “CONSULTANCY FOR SA FOR DRC” in the subject heading.