Closing Date: Wednesday August 31st at 23:59 EST
As the Global SMART Initiative Convenor, the SMART Project Team at Action Against Hunger Canada has supported key nutrition stakeholders by enhancing response capacity in emergencies, high-risk contexts with an absence of reliable data, interventions with displaced populations, and in development settings for 15 years. SMART also provides support by ensuring coordination and dissemination of information around the methodology and advancing technical capacity to conduct SMART surveys.
The SMART Methodology is an improved survey method that is based on the assessment of the magnitude and severity of a humanitarian crisis by determining the nutritional status of children under-five and mortality rate of the population. The high-quality data collected through SMART surveys is used for key decision-making on the type of nutrition programming relevant for a given population.
Since SMART Survey Manager trainings began in 2007, to date, over 2400 people have participated in the course. These trainings equip participants with the knowledge and skill set to plan, implement, and manage surveys. Until 2021, these trainings took place in person. As a result of the global pandemic, the SMART team adapted its training and is now excited to be offering Survey Manager Level Training virtually. The virtual learning platform includes several online and offline learning activities and live sessions with facilitators. The virtual SMART training is currently offered in English but is anticipated to also be offered in French and Spanish in the future. So far, the SMART team has conducted three virtual trainings, including one pilot training.
The SMART Initiative is seeking the services of a consultant to provide SMART Survey Manager
Level virtual trainings.
The scope of responsibilities will include:
- Co-facilitating 20 days of SMART Survey Manager Virtual Training to a group of 15 to 20 participants from a variety of organizations and professions.
- Leading live sessions (content review and drop-in sessions)
- Providing continuous feedback and support to participants via the SMART Training
- Monitor offline learning activities of the participants and provide necessary tailored support
- Grading attendance, quizzes, and assignments
- Grading pre and post tests
- Developing SMART training report on outcomes of the training
There are eight main deliverables for this consultancy:
|1||Complete LMS Training|
|2||Co-facilitation of virtual training. The training will be held for 20 working days.|
|3||Provide coaching and mentorship (both online and offline through LMS platform) to the training participants|
|4||Final grade submission of all participant deliverables – quizzes, tests, assignments, attendance|
|5||Final grade submission for pre and post tests|
|6||Debrief with SMART Training Team|
|7||Providing additional content to the LMS as required and applicable|
|8||SMART Training Report|
As applicable, additional deliverables that will improve the SMART methodology and training may
The SMART Initiative is seeking the support of a consultant to provide virtual training services for
a SMART Survey Manager Virtual Training for a total of 24 working days per training starting from the 25 October 2022 to 1 December 2023 (Monday – Friday, 5 days per week virtual training, 2 days facilitators training, 2 days final grading and reporting). Framework Agreement may be extendable dependent on demand for services and performance.
PROPOSED TRAINING SCHEDULE
The SMART Initiative is currently planning to conduct multiple trainings per year. Specific dates
of the anticipated trainings will be provided are to be determined.
LOCATION OF WORK
Remote, home-based. Consultant is expected to use own tools/technology to complete the consultancy.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of SMART methodology.
- Extensive experience in leading SMART surveys in the field.
- Experience using e-learning management systems will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual trainings and knowledge of tools and technology used to facilitate virtual training delivery (Zoom, teams, mentimeter, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including active listening, providing feedback and encouraging participation, in a virtual training environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and co-facilitate trainings
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Fluency in written and oral French and Spanish will be considered an asset
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and core standards.
All writings, books, articles, artwork, computer programs, databases, source and object codes,
and other materials of any nature whatsoever produced in the course of this assignment produced
in whole or in part by the consultant in the course of his/her service to Action Against Hunger shall
be considered a work made for hire, or otherwise, and therefore Action Against Hunger’s property.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following:
- Updated CV
- Please provide your daily rate (8 hours per day) and your rate per hour. Please provide quotations in Canadian Dollars (CAD).
- Please also include the validity of the quotation.
Submit your application before Wednesday, August 31st 2022 at 23:59 EST to email@example.com.
Please highlight “SMART Virtual Training Consultant” in the subject line.