Food security and livelihood programmes are an important part of our varied response to this plague and this booklet covers some of our action in this area:
- Understand the concepts of food security
- Better understand the project cycle and the analysis of food security
- Reinforce prevention by establishing surveillance systems.
- Have coherent responses to emergencies with food aid and cash-based programming
- Develop the capacities of the populations in the medium term by providing the opportunity to engage in income-generating activities and in the longer term to develop their means of agricultural production and self-sufficiency.