Closing Date: Closing Date: Sunday October 30th at 23:59 PM Eastern Time
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive
action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Our mission is to save the lives of severely malnourished children while helping communities become self-sufficient. Recognized as a world leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger has pursued its vision of a world without hunger for almost four decades, combating hunger in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity.
With more than 8,000 staff in nearly 50 countries, our programs in nutrition, food security,
livelihoods, water, sanitation, and hygiene, reach more than 20 million people each year.
Action Against Hunger Canada is looking for Graphic Designers (Individual or Entities) that will
provide supplemental graphic design services. The ideal Service Providers will develop strategies,
ideas and tactics for communicating complex concepts through clean, professional and branded
Bidder may provide full proposals for the services indicated below:
- Conceptualize, design and deliver (in electronic format) compelling graphic-design material that may include infographics, illustrations, reports, postcards, meeting programs, brochures, social media graphics, web graphics, video editing, email newsletter templates, visibility materials1, and various other graphic and visual projects, as needed by Action Against Hunger Canada.
- The ideal graphic design candidate must have expertise concepting and designing infographics to support key data/information.
- The designer may be asked to gather stock photography for certain projects.
- The graphic designer shall have the capacity to provide approximately 40 hours of services per month.
- Depending on the project, some design concepts provided in the performance of the services must be suitable for printing by a separate contractor.
- Upon acceptance of each design or concept, the graphic designer will provide Action Against Hunger Canada with a packaged InDesign file and Action Against Hunger Canada will retain all intellectual property rights.
1. Visibility materials may include t-shirts, banners, caps, pens, notebooks, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Relevant Graphic Design Degree
- Strong proven experience conducting similar work for the Humanitarian or Development Sector.
- Excellent knowledge of design software such as Adobe, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent creativity and innovation skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to assess priorities and competently complete a variety of activities with a high level
of accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines, and to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of
- Fluency in written and oral English.
- Demonstrated commitment to gender equality and international safeguarding.
Action Against Hunger Canada will review submitted proposals for completeness and qualifications. Selection for a contract award will be made based on the following criteria:
- Expertise and experience of the graphic designer in providing similar services.
- Quality of work samples provided.
- Range of services offered.
2-year Framework Agreement with Action Against Hunger Canada, starting November 2022.
HOW TO APPLY
Proposals responding to this RFP should include:
- Updated CV.
- Cover letter.
- Experience in conducting similar work. Please provide your portfolio with your most recent work.
- Three references for which you have conducted similar work.
- Detailed rates per service in Canadian Dollars (CAD). Please provide an itemized list of prices, based on all the range of services you can provide.
Submit the proposal before Sunday October 30th at 23:59 PM Eastern Time at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can send questions regarding this RFP to the procurement team until October 25, 2022 at 23:59 PM Eastern Time.
Please highlight “Graphic Design RFP” in the subject heading.