Food for Action
Food for Action 2020: The Home Edition
Food for Action, our annual fundraiser and auction, is happening online this year!
Since 2016, Food for Action has been bringing together guests from the arts, business, political, media, and humanitarian communities for a gala fundraiser and auction. And while we can’t gather in person this year, our mission is more critical than ever.
Food for Action is a two-part event which includes:
Fund-a-Need: November 12-22
Make a donation to help us reach our fundraising goal! To show our gratitude, you’ll receive a thank-you gift like our exclusive Food for Action cookbook, or delicious three-course dinner with wine delivered to your home by our event partner Oliver & Bonacini.
Online Auction: November 19-22
Ready, set, bid! Our online auction features amazing items like in-home dinners by renowned chefs, virtual wine tastings, and much more!
Why participate in Food for Action?
The COVID-19 pandemic is disrupting our global food systems and threaten decades of progress in the fight against hunger. Proceeds from Food for Action will support Against Hunger’s critical COVID-19 response: responding to urgent health needs directly linked to COVID-19; working to prevent further spread of the virus; and investing in learning and research to support evidence-based approaches for long-term recovery. Your generosity supports initiatives like:
- Providing communities in need with medical and personal protective equipment
- Educating communities on good health practices through health talks and handwashing demonstrations; providing handwashing stations and soap
- Training community health workers and volunteers on the prevention and control of COVID-19
- Stabilizing communities by responding to immediate food and livelihood needs and providing essential primary healthcare services
- Harnessing our renowned technical and research expertise to assess the direct consequences of COVID-19 on hunger and malnutrition
With your help, we can respond to this crisis and help build more resilient food systems for the future. Participate in Food for Action: Home Edition and take action against hunger.
To participate, you can register at actionagainsthunger.ca/auction