The Global Nutrition Cluster (GNC) Technical Alliance is a common global mechanism endorsed by over 40 GNC partners to provide systematic, predictable, timely, and coordinated nutrition technical assistance to meet the nutrition rights and needs of people affected by emergencies. Within the GNC Technical Alliance, the Technical Support Team (TST) exists to provide timely, cost-effective, coordinated, and sustainable technical support to nutrition emergencies. The TST delivers support in three ways: in-depth support (either in-country or remote) through dedicated advisors, remote support for quick queries, and provision of consultant recommendations through the GNC Technical Alliance Consultant Roster.
How can you make a difference?
The GNC Technical Alliance is building a roster of professionals with experience in Nutrition in Emergencies (NiE) from which consultants can be recommended to countries in need of nutrition support staff.
Candidates who apply to the roster will be screened based on different technical categories:
- Prevention and management of malnutrition in emergencies
- Cross-cutting approaches and modalities applied to nutrition
- Management of nutritionally at-risk mothers and infants
- Leadership and strategic planning for nutrition response
- Needs assessment and analysis for nutrition outcomes
- Nutrition Cluster Coordination
- Information Management
Terms of Reference
The GNC Technical Alliance is building a roster of professionals with experience in needs assessment and analysis for nutrition outcomes from which to draw consultants to be recommended to countries in need of nutrition support staff.
If approved by the reviewing committee, the candidate will remain in the GNC Technical Alliance Consultant Rosters database for 36 months, unless requested to remove her/him earlier. During this period, candidates might be engaged in consultancies several times, depending on requests flow. Consultant profiles will be shared with requestors, either by the applicant or by the roster manager, who will then reach out to if your profile meets their requirement.
Any partners working in Nutrition (UN agencies, NGOs, Governments) can contact the GNC Technical Alliance to ask for a recommendation of consultants. Consultancies proposed may range from 4 weeks to 11.5 months, depending on the specific needs of each request. Support can be accessed by anyone interested in nutrition, via the Request Form. Consultants may be requested to work in any country with a nutrition cluster or a nutrition sector, or remotely, as determined by the specification of the project.
- Advanced University degree in one of the following fields: nutrition, public health, social sciences, life sciences, or other related disciplines.
- Training (course) in a specified area of expertise in NiE.
2) Work experience
- At least five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in NiE.
- Work experience in developing countries and emergency contexts
- Specialized training/experience in one of the following areas:
• Prevention and management of malnutrition in emergencies
• Cross-cutting approaches and modalities applied to nutrition
• Management of nutritionally at-risk mothers and infants
• Leadership and strategic planning for nutrition response
• Needs assessment and analysis for nutrition outcomes
• Nutrition Cluster Coordination
• Information Management
- Specialized training/experience in emergency response and/or cluster approach.
- Experience working with international and local partners, donors, and local authorities.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations
- Demonstrated professional competence and mastery of subject matter; conscientiousness and efficiency in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and meeting results
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and/or French, Spanish, Russian, and/or Arabic
The Needs Assessment and Analysis for Nutrition Outcomes roster is hosted by the SMART Initiative at Action Against Hunger and requires you to complete a different application process. If you are only interested in applying for the Assessment roster, please go directly to the link. Click here: https://smartmethodology.org/job-board/consultant-roster/
To apply to all other categories please click here: https://ta.nutritioncluster.net/consultant-roster
Applications will be screened regularly and on receipt for inclusion into the roster. Candidates should submit their applications through the online system and provide the following additional information:
- a recent CV (max 2 pages)
- any related documents /samples of work
Please note that selection process might include reference check, request for any additional information, written test and/or oral interview.